> Household Pest Control: Household Pest Control | Sugar Ants

Household Pest Control | Sugar Ants

I've had it with the sugar ants this year. You know the one them little tiny black ants that magically appear out of nowhere. This is one household pest I've been fighting for years. Every now and them they come migrating into my house like they are going to attempt to take over the world. I actually was able to find the source of these nasty household pest yesterday and have taken corrective action in eliminating this household pest from my home.

Here's how I killed all those pesky sugar ants. After I located the ants nest and was amazed at the sheer number of the little annoying pests, I headed to Walmart's household pest control department. I armed myself with a brand new ortho 3 gallon sprayer, a jug of ortho ant and roach killer, a second bottle of ortho indoor household pest control product and was off to do battle.

I immediately went to the source of these nasty little sugar ants that had taken up refuge in my storage shed and began spraying them with bug killer. The amount of the pest killer I was spraying must have seemed like Niagara falls to those annoying sugar ants. The began fleeing for their lives, scrambling to grab their ant larva and eggs, and dying by the thousands. Once I had rid my shed of the nest of sugar ants I followed their trail up to the house and began applying the same ortho pest contol spray to the foundation of the house, window and door frames and near by areas they may wander. I was quite pleased as I saw these little buggers scrambling for their lives.

Not only did I rid the yard and shed of these household pests but I also applied the same household pest control techniques to the interior of the house. I cleared the baseboard of all surrounding furniture and hit every crack and crevice with my trusty indoor ortho spray. I was pleasantly surprised to find far fewer in the house than I had expected and now that I have killed the nest of sugar ants hope It stays that way. I plan on repeating the process of spraying the foundation and interior locations again in a few days just as a follow up. In addition, I'll keep my eyes peeled as I mow the lawn looking for any new ant nest that might appear. For now at least I can avoid the cost of hiring a professional exterminator to control these household pests.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I find this form of bug extermination deplorable. Not only is it excessive, but there is no consideration for what these insects do to ensure a constant food chain on the outsides of our homes. Of course some people do take the easy way out, shopping at Wallmart for overly toxic cheap merchandise for a quick short lasted fix.
For a much more permanent interior solution, try Diatomaceous Earth. It should be lined along cracks and baseboards. The foundation on the exterior only. The ants carry the powder back to the colony and the queen, where the exoskeletons basicly turn to powder.